Saturday, January 16, 2010

Whew.

Week One of Semester Two of Junior Year is complete. Based on my experience during this first week and my projections of due dates, etc., here are some predictions about my life this semester:

1) It would be most beneficial for me to learn how to read and walk at the same time without walking into stuff.
2) Even if I can't do that, I will probably be carrying a book around with me just about everywhere, on the off chance that I have a few free minutes.
3) This is because I have two classes in which I have to read a book a week. On top of three other reading-intensive (but not quite as intense) classes.
4) Seeing my friends is, once again, going to be heavily centered around eating. Partly because we all like it, but mostly because everybody's gotta eat, so meals are the only time that people can squeeze in a bit of socializing.
5) If I'm not going to be eating with a friend, I will be eating and reading.
6) Every healthy simple living habit I have developed will simultaneously be necessary and put to the test this semester. The inclination to get up earlyish, doing my stretches, eating breakfast, taking a walk almost every day, attempting to stay away from junk food, getting to sleep at a reasonable hour-- I am going to need all these skills, but they are going to get really hard.
7) Same goes for every good academic habit I have been attempting to develop over the past three semesters.
8) Planning ahead is going to be really, really important for my papers if I don't want to pull many/any all-nighters. Also if I want to maintain and improve my GPA.
9) Extra stuff-- like meetings for the USMA (the club I'm in here), applications for summer internships, figuring out housing for next year, etc.-- are all going to be really challenging. I may have to take a careful look at which are really necessary and which are not.
10) I am definitely not going to be blogging every day or even close to that. New goal: write on here once a week. It may simply be updates like this, or thoughts related to simple living that I spent part of the week musing about. But yeah...I wouldn't be looking for posts more than once or maybe twice a week, if that week is particularly quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment