Sunday, January 10, 2010

Starting Spring Semester

Thus far I have been very good about my new habits-- I have successfully gotten up at a reasonable hour, always done my stretches, kept up with my nose meds, and even gotten out for several walks. The real test, however, will start tomorrow as classes get under way. If the usual tradition holds, it will be easier to stick to my good habits at the start of the semester, but hopefully I can manage to get them so ingrained that I won't lose at least the more important ones when the workload gets really crazy. Good planning for my school work is going to be key this semester as I attempt to juggle a fifteen-hour internship with a full load of classes. I am going to try to keep up with regular (at least weekly) updates to this blog, but my priorities are my classes and my health.

The last couple of days I've enjoyed settling back into dorm life and really just relaxing before classes start (although several of my classes already assigned readings that I had to work on too). Most of my friends are finally back, and it's so great to get to hang out with them. My favorite thing about living in a dorm is just getting to wander in and out of people's rooms and have extended conversations. You can't really do that in any other kind of environment-- in an apartment building, your odds of getting to know multiple other people on your floor are slim. On my floor, pretty much everyone is very friendly with everyone else. Even if you're not close friends, it's totally amicable, and there's usually lots of laughter and conversation-- sometimes too much, which gets annoying late at night or when I'm trying to work, but I am not sure that most days I would swap the camaraderie that I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment